Weight: 2,6 kg
After many requests for instructions for the PF Backhoe loader I built 1,5 year ago, I decided to rebuild the model, improve it and make building instructions. It has been my most complex Lego-project so far.
Technically, it’s very similar to the first version. That means there are 8 motors for 9 functions:
- Driving & steering
- Frontloader & bucket
- Backhoe, dipper & bucket
- Backhoe rotation
Technical differences with the first version are:
- Front bucket now has the big LA’s instead of the mini LA’s
- Dipper is 1 stud shorter
- More compact design
- Speed controll for driving
Other improvents are esthetical:
- It now has a seat and steering wheel inside
- Panels in the front section
- Fenders for the front wheels
- Rear-fenders with round curve
- Roof with curved sides.
- I’m very happy with the end-result. The new version looks nicer and all the functions work properly.
The main goal of this model was to make building instructions. It took a long time to make them, but they’re finally ready. They come as 254-page PDF-file, including parts list. Go to the Backhoe instrictions-page to get them.
You can see the online parts-list at rebrickable.com.