I present my finished model of a 1/10 scale Ferrari F430 Spider, featuring:
- Remote controlled driving
- Remote controlled steering
- Remote controlled opening the doors
- Remote controlled roof
- Manual 4-speed gearbox
- V8 Engine
- Full independent Suspension
- Working headlights
- I've built quite some sportscars in the past, but I've never created a cabrio before. So when I decided to make a Lego model of a Ferrari F430, I chose to make the Spider.
Since the original roof-mechanism of the F430 Spider is incredibly complex, it would be impossible to make out of Lego in this scale, so I had to improvise. The back of the car automatically opens when the roof comes out or goes goes back down (as can seen in the pictures.
Model was finished in September 2009